Saturday, August 13, 2011

Road Trip Day 9

Today was a relaxing day (that is if you can call 5 prople in a hotel room relaxing).   I gues what I mean is that is was not a traveling day.  Jon and I tried to hit some antique stores without the kids.  The problem is that the antique store prices are more expensive then the 'antiques' you can find at a garage sale.  We also stopped at a Bass Pro Shop.  If you've never been to one, it is at least 6 times the size of a Dick's sporting goods store.  You can buy atvs, boats, camping gear, hunting gear, etc.  It had a fish tank twice as tall as I am (ok maybe three to four times the size, I mean I am kind of short).  It even had a restaurant.  It is a sporting destination. 

The big outing for the day was the

Is was a wine tasting paired with hot air balloon launching.






If you look closely you see the flames from the propane tank that create the hot air.  I am amazed the balloons don't disintergrate into a ball of flames.

These things are huge.  It was slightly windy and they were hard to control.




but they were amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dani, I figured I would check in to your blog after I heard about what happened at the Indiana State Fair. Looks like you all are having a great time-keep up the good work, be safe.

    ReplyDelete