Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our Local ReStore

I found our local ReStore while searching through Craig's List.  A neat little school room desk was listed for sale at the Restore.  Wow, I didn't even know we had a ReStore!  I've read about them on other blogs (thanks Centsational Girl!), but thought they were on the other end of the world (certainly not within driving distance).  So I pop the kids in the car and head on over.  It was hot . . . the kids got cranky . . . and  . . . it was a LOT of fun  . . . for me anyway.

Kitchen cabinets galore
Note granite countertops!


Butcher block counter for cabinets.

Stainless Steel countertop for island. (Kids taking a break)

A pair of heavy brass sconces.

Tons of windows, doors and even spiral staircases.

 Oh, if I only had a place to use them . . .

Going to a ReStore takes time to browse and brainstorm.  I even dragged Hubby there on a subsequent trip to brainstorm with me.  I have to say he wasn't as interested as I was, but he was a good sport.  I have some neat projects planned with the accessories I was able to find.  Now I just have to find the time to complete the projects!  I must confess, I am sometimes known as the Queen of Half Finished Projects. 

We will be leaving on a road trip to the Iowa State Fair.  Stay posted for Fun in Car with Kids!  Ballard Designs Outlet here I come!




No comments:

Post a Comment