Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Project

Well, after being inspired by so many creative bloggers on the internet, I decided to give it a try.  This piece of furniture has been a long time coming!  I picked this up about 9 years ago.  Literally.  Somebody was throwing it out!  My goal was to refinish it, so I immediately sanded it down (unfortunately, no before pictures).  Then, life happened and it took a back seat to EVERYTHING!  It has been sitting in my basement ever since.

So, along comes 2011 and blogs from Centsational Girl, Restore Interiors, Perfectly Imperfect and Dreamy Whites, to name a few, inspired me. 

This is my sideboard now
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White for the bottom and Mahogany Gel Stain from Minwax for the top.  The whole piece was sealed with clear wax.

I am still trying to 'stage' the accessories (I haven't decided yet if I like lamps).

I love the way the mahogany stain brought out the beautiful color of the wood.

I am not sure what I should do with the handles, if anything.  Right now, they match the horses on top (LOVE those horses!).

I have a few more projects that I am working on in the basement workshop.  By the way, our basement is now my basement workshop ;o)  Yipee!

1 comment:

  1. Dani, What a beautiful blog, and a beautiful piece of furniture. I'm so impressed with you! How do you find the time??
    Miss you! Love, Meri
    P.S. Thanks for following my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete