Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 12~ St. Louis to Louisville

We began the day at the St. Louis Arch.

The first couple of pictures I took did have the kids in them, but guess what I used to take the pictures.  The camera.  Guess what happened to the battery.  It discharged.  So, after 4 or 5 photos, we were back to the cell phone camera, again.


We rode up in the elevator.  The elevator is more like a tram and there is only room for 5.  The people in front of us got on the tram and then promptly disembarked (they were rather large and I don't think they fit comfortably, or they were claustrophobic).  It is a 4 minute ride up (and a 3 monute ride down).  Once on top, it is a fabulous view of the city.



 




Last time we were here, Katie was 9 months old and I have the same picture of her.  As soon as I find it, I'll add it.
 We also walked through the museum of westward expansion and watched documentaries on the westward expansion and the building of the arch.

We then went on the Budwiser tour

to see the Clydesdales

(again). 

Their stables are beautiful.  Stained glass windows . . . 

beautifully built stalls . . . 

chandeliers . . .
I wouldn't mind converting the stables to a home, they're that pretty.  Hey Anheuser-Busch, if you ever renovate the stables, I would love the opportunity to repurpose whatever you remove!

We didn't stay for the full brewery tour because we had a long ride ahead of us - Kentucky, here we come.



No comments:

Post a Comment